Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Guest Blog: 8th Grade Reflection


Originally posted 6/6/2011

I thought it would be fun to have a guest blog spot during this last week of school. This post comes to you from an 8th grader who really loved her time here at CLC and I knew she'd jump at the chance to share what she did this year and the things she'll miss. So without further adieu, here is Rachel's guest blog spot!

~At the beginning of the year we did a project making action figures and made pieces that went along with them, but that was the least interesting project of the year.  We also built robots, had a museum, made poetry, worked on figurative language, went on a camping trip, and recently, we built bicycles.  When we built robots we made 2 types. The first robot was a square-bot built off of Vex instructions.  With the second robot it had to comply to certain tasks, like picking up ping pong balls and putting them in a box. That was fun! In literature we read a book called “Cold River” and when we finished the book we went on an overnight camping trip to a Boy Scout camp.
During our museum I did a project that had to with after-images so I paired up with my best friend Isaac since he was doing optical illusions. When we did the poetry project we had to write several different poems before concluding the project by making magnetic poetry.  We built bikes and learned how to solve problems, which was fun. I think I had the BEST team ever! The most recent project we did was the Amazing Race where we followed a path of clues and used compass skills, so that was great.

In all four years at CLC I think that 7th and 8th grade were my favorite years.  In 7th grade during lunch I sat at what is now my defined “lunch table” because my best friends sat there. I also started sitting under the flowering bush at recess with my friends.  I will REALLY miss my friends next year (we are all going to different high schools), but I will keep in touch with them.  I already have half of their phone numbers, I will be calling them so that my group of friends and I don’t split up.  I will miss CLC so much…it was the best school ever!~

Thanks Rachel! Congratulations to the 8th grade class of 2011...we wish you all the best and thanks for a great year!
Today is your day! Your mountain is waiting. So...get on your way!    -Dr. Seuss

No comments:

Post a Comment