Wednesday, March 28, 2012

And here we are...

Originally posted 5/11/2011


Centre Learning Community Charter School, aka CLC, is a technologically savvy school.  Each student has a laptop and creates their own website to maintain all year long, we use SMART boards instead of chalk boards, and building
robots is a popular 8th grade project.  Naturally, we decided it was time to jump on the social networking bandwagon. So, here I am!

I’m Melissa, the school secretary…well, I guess now the politically correct title is Administrative Professional or Office Assistant. From my spot behind the office window I get to see a broad range of things. There are your usual happenings of minor injuries and sicknesses, students needing pencils or rulers, and, of course, greeting visitors and parents who come in.  Then there are your "not so usual" happenings.  Chewbacca came running into my office once.  I can prove it! I have a picture.  We also had the mystery of the broken ruler key chain that some super sleuths decided was a very serious issue to solve.  They got close to cracking the case, but no suspects were captured.

We are getting awfully close to the end of the school year, but I hope to get some fun blogs in about upcoming events.  I even expect some special guest bloggers to stop by.  Until then, I'll hang out observing everything...from behind the office window.

No comments:

Post a Comment